I work with self-publishing writers of fiction and creative non-fiction to help them realise their stories. As an editor, I’m passionate about helping my clients reflect on the themes inherent in their writing, guiding them to draw these out and allowing these themes to become the foundation for their stories. As a published historical novelist, who also writes literary fiction, I specialise in working with writers from these genres. I especially enjoy coming-of-age stories and stories about everyday people from different eras. I also love a good mystery, particularly if it has a psychological bent—I’ve been an avid mystery reader for as long as I can remember. As someone who’s been on the other side of the “red pen” I understand what the editing process feels like from the author’s perspective. My advice is designed to encourage and inspire authors, while also offering the critical feedback necessary for growth. In other words, my goal is to help authors craft a strong and compelling story. If you’re a storyteller who’s in need of some support and guidance, then I’d love to hear from you!
My qualifications include:
- I hold an MLitt in Creative Writing from The University of Glasgow with a module in Editing and Publication.
- I have taken courses in developmental editing through the Editorial Freelancers Association.
- I am a full member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
- I have been on the judging panel for a writing competition.
- I have written book reviews for the regional Scottish magazine, Lothian Life and I write a book blog (https://kendraolson.wordpress.com).
CV/Resume available upon request.
You can view my EFA profile here: https://www.the-efa.org/memberinfo/kendra-olson-12156/
Contact Me by Email to Discuss Your Editing Requirements: email@example.com